How Your Funeral Director Can Help You
Funeral service means just that, service! As one of the only funeral homes Oswego area families have relied on for decades, the directors and staff at Foster Funeral Home, Inc. continue to assist families create meaningful tributes for their loved ones. Our ultimate goal is to provide the necessary resources and requests for a personalized ceremony that’s appropriate to the beliefs, lifestyle, and wishes of those you have grown to love.
We offer traditional services, cremation services, transferring and receiving of the deceased and pre-need arrangements. Our directors can also help you with:
- Arranging funeral plans & assisting you in notifying friends and relatives.
- Care and custody of your loved one & supervision and direction of the funeral or memorial service.
- Assistance in securing Veterans Administration or other burial allowances to which you may be entitled.
- Coordinating all details with the clergy.
- Securing necessary permits, death certificates and assist with completing insurance claim forms, & notifying your attorney if you are in need of legal assistance.
- Assistance in filing a claim for benefits under the U.S. Social Security Act, if applicable.
- Arranging the music you have selected & contacting friends to serve as casket bearers.
- If the deceased is to be sent to a distant location for burial, the funeral director will make all necessary arrangements for transportation, funeral service, and burial at that destination.
- Placing obituary and funeral notices in newspapers of your community and beyond.
- Assisting in arrangements for cemetery space, grave opening and closing, flowers and monuments.
- Arranging transportation for you and the members of your family prior to, during, and after the funeral.
- Notifying any fraternal orders or other organizations.
- Follow-up after the funeral, offering practical assistance with unforeseen details and assist in making adjustments.
Have you been comparing funeral homes? Oswego area residents have trusted the personal and professional services of Foster Funeral Home, Inc. for their ceremony. For more information, feel free to call on us and speak with a funeral director. We will be honored to assist in any way we can.